According to Vale’s official news, based on continuous monitoring of the safety status of its geological structure, and by recording engineers’ regular inspections and data related to the structure, based on preventive measures, the implementation of the Paracatu and Patrimnio dams began today. Level 1 emergency agreement (minimum risk level), which does not require evacuation of residents downstream of the dam. The statement also stated that the launch of the emergency agreement for the two dams will not affect production in 2020.

Both dams with geological structures issued negative "Declaration of Stability Conditions" (DCE). Vale also announced that on the basis of preventive measures, the four dams with geological structures that had previously initiated Level 1 emergency agreements were also officially announced on this day. A negative "Statement of Stability Conditions" was issued.
Vale once again stated that its primary task is to ensure the safety of its operators, communities and all its buildings.
Earlier, Vale SA said on September 2 that the company’s three dams in Minas Gerais did not meet safety standards, but it said it would not affect this year’s iron ore The output constitutes an impact.
The company stated that it has started the first-level emergency plan procedures for the two dams of Paracatu and Patrimnio (there are four levels of emergency plans, the zero-level is no risk, and the third-level dam has the greatest risk). The company said it does not need to deal with personnel or nearby The community was evacuated.
In addition, the Borrachudo II dam in Itabira, the No. 6 and 7A dams in Nova Lima, and the Area IX dam in Ouro Preto have previously launched first-level emergency response. Plan.
In April, the Brazilian National Mining Agency (ANM) stated that it would suspend the operation of 47 dams that failed to prove their stability, of which at least 25 belong to Vale. Since the Brumadinho dam failure in January 2019, the safety of Vale’s facilities has been closely monitored.
Brazilian miner Vale released a quarterly production report showing that in the second quarter of this year (April to June), the company’s iron ore powder output was 67.598 million tons, an increase of 5.5% from 64.06 million tons in the same period last year. The quarterly 59.605 million tons increased by 13.4%. Previously, due to the fact that many miners in the Itabira mining area (Itabira) tested positive for the new crown virus, Vale suspended operations in the Itabira integrated mining area, which is expected to resume full production in 2021. Due to the expected strong demand, the company also expects to restart the Samako complex in December





